ASSIGNMENT FRONT SHEET
Certification : I certify that the whole of this work is the result of my individual effort and that all quotations from books, periodicals etc. have been acknowledged.
Student Registration Number:
Student email address :
Programme : Business Undergraduate
Level : 4
Academic Year : 2013/14
Semester : 2
Module title : Managing Financial and Statistical Data
Assignment no. : 1
Module code: BUS409
Word guide: Not applicable
Percentage Weighting of this assignment for the module: 50%
Issue date : February 2014
Return date : March 2014
Second marker :
Notes for students :
1. Hard copy of assignment should be stapled in the top left corner and submitted to the School Office.
2. Electronic copy of assignment should be submitted through the Turnitin software.
3. 10% of marks are awarded for satisfactory use of language and/or good presentation.
4. 5% of marks are awarded for satisfactory referencing and/or presentation of a bibliography where either is required. Note that all referenced work should be obtained from credible sources.
5. Students should ensure that they comply with Glyndwr University’s plagiarism policy.
6. Students should make correct use of the Harvard referencing method.
Learning Outcomes Tested in this Assignment :
1. Use descriptive and inferential techniques to analyse business statistics
2. Use problem-solving and forecasting methods in decision making
Overall Comment :
Would students please note that achievement of the learning outcomes for this assessment is demonstrated against the assessment criteria shown below (which are not necessarily weighted equally). All marks/grades remain indicative until they have been considered and confirmed by the Assessment Board
Sampling of Data
Tabulation of data to include frequency distributions
Statistical calculations with spreadsheet details, showing cell references.
Graphical representation of data to show a variety of methods
Test a statistical hypothesis using a t-test.
Investigation of relationships using a scatter graph, correlation and regression
Written account to summarise the findings, to include an interpretation of the statistical measures and graphs
Presentation and quality of English, to include contents and introduction
Additional Comments from Second marker or External Examiner (if required) :
1. An Excel spreadsheet containing a database of 240 employees which includes a series of variables measuring job satisfaction on a scale from 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent) and confidence in the organisational management on a scale from 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent).
2. An Excel spreadsheet which will generate an individual set of Random Number Tables.
Note: All tasks are to be completed and clearly labelled under the following headings.
Generate a set of random number tables from the Excel…